We’ve all spent a lot of time on Zoom recently…attending one more “online event” can feel …less than exciting. We’ve been working hard to make our live demos fun, for the participants and for our team. Tom Foster, Director of Sales, and Michael Ashford, Director of Marketing share with us about how to create online events that people will actually enjoy.
The Steps To Create an Engaging Online Event
When you’re creating an online event, it’s important that you do a few things:
- Decide what it is that you’re trying to accomplish with your live event
- Accurately portray what the event is when you promote it; we do live demos
- Pay attention to the vibe you create and help your audience feel connected with you
- Put energy into your online events that reflect your values. We’re a company that likes to have fun, so you’re going to see us dress up and not take ourselves too seriously. But if that’s not your vibe, then find what is
- Drive engagement and interaction: use video, ask questions, reference current culture to get people interacting with you and what you’re sharing
- Prepare, and also be prepared for the unexpected…tech issues? We’ve had them…Falling off a chair while live? Yep…it’s happened! Wig issues? Not yet, but we’re ready!
Engaging Events Have Great Outcomes
In these live demos, where we actually show The Receptionist working in different scenarios and situations, we’re not only saving time for our sales teams, but these have been amazing lead drivers for us. Additionally, people get to see who we are and get a glimpse into what it would be like to work with us. And—we can’t overlook the great gifs that have come out of these great events (check out our social media to see what we mean!).
Learn more about our love of Simon Sinek and his work
Check us out on LinkedIn to see some of our live demo gifs!
We’ve got a 2-week free trial for you, no credit card required
Share this Post